Saturday, November 22, 2008

Continuing to remodel

I'm still working on the 1600 sq ft addition to our house. This is a nice big project and it is a great adventure. There are plenty of different things to handle all the time and I find myself getting side tracked here and there to fix some thing before I can install the new item I am working on.

The plumbing is all in and I'm currently installing the heating system. We live in a mild weather area in the northwest so we don't have too hot and too cold conditions much but I opted to install central air conditioning just in case it gets too hot some times and we need to cool off.

We are heating the floors in all the bathrooms and the walk in shower as well. That will be a treat for sure. I just hate that cold floor in a metal bath tub or a tile floor in a shower before the shower water can heat it up.

Also I'm installing a natural gas fired tankless water heater that can handle 2-3 showers at the same time. Now that has got to be nice because you wont run out of hot water if you decide to stay in there for an hour or two wasting a ton of water just to see if the water would get cold like a regular water heater. Or the large household that has several showers back to back.

Another feature to the house is central wiring for the computer network, cable tv, 4 line to every room telephone capable, return to central hub video stream so any tv in the house can watch what is playing on two different DVD/DVR players, whole house audio, video surveillance that can also be watched on any tv in the house and if I figure out I want something else before I close up the walls I'll add that too.

Most of the finishes are decided upon with brushed nickel being the metal color throughout. Teak hardwood flooring for the main living areas and carpet (Berber) for the upstairs bedrooms and hallway. Bathrooms get bamboo flooring, granite counter tops and vessel sinks. The master suite will get a 5 pieces ensemble with a walk in shower surrounded with glass blocks and two shower heads, a jetted deep tub w/heat to keep the water hot when the bubbles are flowing, two really cool vessel sinks and in the wall faucet valves and of course the toilet.

Later I'll tell you more about the house and it's progress.

Do you have a project you're working on? Tell me about it.

Glenn

No comments: